hōnarchy! Thirteen of Elex's 19 manga and manhwa this 10 September are targeted at boys, boys, boys! No pejorative meant though—not when the second volume of C.M.B. and Rocket Man volume 4, shōnen titles I fangirl, swagger (stagger?) into next week's list.
And much as I rave over Katou Motohiro-sensei squirreling in C.M.B. and RM, Katou-sensei's not the only Kodansha manga-ka with two titles on offer. Maekawa Takeshi-sensei likewise flogs two: Kungfu Boy Legends 3 and the premiere of Roulette Battler, which is a month late like the manga-ization of L. Frank Baum's The Wizard of Oz (illustrated by Igarashi Yumiko-sensei) and Souryuuden, retitled for Indonesia as Dragon Brothers.
Release links are hide/unhide. Click for more details and cover scans.
- C.M.B. (C.M.B. Shinra Hakubutsukan no Jiken Mokuroku) 2 of 8+ by Katou Motohiro
- Cantarella 10 of 10+ by Higuri Yuu
- Detektif Conan Seri TV Animasi (Meitantei Conan) 15 by Aoyama Gosho
- Dewi Karin Chu (Kamichama Karin Chu) 3 of 7 by Koge-Donbo
- [Premiere] Dragon Brothers (Souryuuden) 1 of 5 by Tanaka Yoshiki, Megumi Koji
- Eat-Man 3 of 19 by Yoshitomi Akihito
- Eyeshield 21 16 of 31+ by Inagaki Riichiro, Murata Yusuke
- Kungfu Boy Legends (Tekken Chinmi Legends) 3 of 5+ by Maekawa Takeshi
- Legend of the Cursed Sword (Pageomgi) 21 of 35+ by Park HuiJin, Yeo BeopRyong
- MÄR Omega 2 of 4 by Anzai Nobuyuki, Hoshino Koichiro
- Mr. Fullswing 15 of 24 by Suzuki Shinya
- [Premiere] Pink Innocent 1 of 3 by Momoyuki Kotori
- Rocket Man 4 of 10 by Katou Motohiro
- [Premiere] Roulette Battler 1 of 4 by Maekawa Takeshi
- Sersan Keroro (Keroro Gunsou) 11 of 17+ by Yoshizaki Mine
- A Story of Heroes 18 by Choi Mir
- Tail of the Moon (Tsuki no Shippo) 7 of 15 by Ueda Rinko
- Trinity Blood 10 of 10+ by Kyujyo Kiyo, Sunao Yoshida
- [New] The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, Igarashi Yumiko (The Kumon Manga Library)
N.B. The Wizard of Oz manga retails for IDR 12,500.
Shonen Magz 50/2008 (Kodansha's Weekly Shounen Magazine in Indonesian)
Currently in serialization:
- BECK by Harold Sakuichi
- Fairy Tail by Mashima Hiro
- Kagetora by Segami Akira
- Kindaichi Case Files by Amagi Seimaru, Sato Fumiya
- Kungfu Boy Legends by Maekawa Takeshi
- Sanzoku Ou by Sawada Hirofumi
- Tokkyu!! by Komori Yoichi
- Toto! by Osada Yu-Ko
- Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle by CLAMP
- Vinland Saga by Yukimura Makoto
Source: Elex Media STO 10 September 2008
I already hinted as to which titles have queues long enough to spiral like unbroken apple peels, but to reiterate (and complete), they are:
Eyeshield 21 volume 16
MÄR Omega 2 (b'cause, y'know, the prequel's Indonesian run ain't done yet)
Kungfu Boy Legends 3 (which also appears in its serial form in ShoMagz 50)
Mr. Fullswing 15
Sersan Keroro 11
Tail of the Moon 7
Trinity Blood 10
Rocket Man 4
The hopefully not nominal shōjo Tsuki no Shippo 7 also runs away with the coveted fastest turnover honor. The preceding volume came out the first week of September. By contrast, the most Patience-stretching award goes to Keroro Gunsou 11 (last released one year ago—12 September 2007).
By original publisher
As indicated by the presence of the Indonesian version of Weekly (or Monthly) Shounen Magazine, this roster is heavy on Kodansha which has seven titles up for grabs. Not including the monthly anthology, these manga were/are serialized in Gekkan Shounen Magazine (3); Nakayoshi (2); Weekly Shounen Magazine (1); and BonBon (1).
The next most "prolific" is Shueisha, with its three Shonen Jump- and Margaret-serialized manga.
manga, manhwa, boys' love, shoujo, shounen, sonyun, Elex Media, Shonen Magz, C.M.B., Cantarella, Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Eat-Man, Eyeshield 21, Kamichama Karin Chu, Keroro Gunsou, Kungfu Boy Legends, Legend of the Cursed Sword, MAR Omega, Meitantei Conan, Mr. Fullswing, Pageomgi, Pink Innocent, Rocket Man, Roulette Battler, Souryuuden, Tail of the Moon, Tekken Chinmi Legends, Trinity Blood, Katou Motohiro, Maekawa Takeshi