I'm guessing the Naruto box sets did well in the tills because Elex is doing it again—this time re-releasing the first ten volumes of One Piece in one batch. And take note, the set costs IDR 100,000 (around USD 8.40) or IDR 10,000 per tanko, a price last seen circa 2004.
Yummy pricing regardless, the most popular Get! award this release goes (again, hands down) to Eyeshield 21 with volume 21. It's an undisputed lead from second placer Q.E.D. 30 and third-ranked Rocket Man 6, both of which are the fangirl squee-inducing work of Katou Motohiro-sensei who's the only manga-ka with two titles scheduled this release.
The rest of the favorites are Roulette Battler volume 4 of 4 by Maekawa Takeshi, Eat-Man 5 / Emma Bangaihen (Emma volume 8), and the thought it was long lost Godhand Teru 11 by by Yamamoto Kazuki. (Volume 10 is now so far in the distant, Had I already started blogging then? past that I don't even have a street date.)
Release links are hide/unhide. Click for more details and cover scans.
- [Premiere] Bikings 1 of 8 by Fudo Jun
- B'T X 12 of 16 by Kurumada Masami
- Change Guy 23 of 31 by Son EunHo, Choi MyungSu
- Comic Bomber (Hoero Pen) 8 of 13 by Shimamoto Kazuhiko
- Eat-Man 5 of 19 by Yoshitomi Akihito
- Emma (Emma Bangaihen) 8 of 10 by Mori Kaoru
- Et Cetera 4 of 9 by Nakazaki Tow
- Eyeshield 21 21 of 32+ by Inagaki Riichiro, Murata Yusuke
- First Boyfriend (Hatsukare) 8 of 10 by Tomori Miyoshi
- [Premiere] The Flower Fairies Wings 1 of 2 by Nell
- GodHand Teru 11 of 44+ by Yamamoto Kazuki
- Imaginary Beasts (Genjuu no Seiza) 7 of 14 by Akino Matsuri
- Kitchen Princess (Kitchen no Ohimesama) 6 of 10 by Ando Natsumi, Kobayashi Miyuki
- Little Detective Trickstar Hoshi (Suiri no Hoshi-kun) 2 of 7+ by Seino Nana
- Natural Pearl Pink (Tennen Pearl Pink) 4 of 4 by Tanaka Meca [Finale]
- One Piece 1 to 10 of 52+ by Oda Eiichiro [Box set @ IDR 100,000]
- Q.E.D (Q.E.D. Shomei Shuryo) 30 of 31+ by Katou Motohiro
- Rocket Man 6 of 10 by Katou Motohiro
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Sangokushi) 6 of 6 by Yamasaki Hiromi [Finale]
- Roulette Battler 4 of 4 by Maekawa Takeshi [Finale]
- [New] Without You by Sri Murni - makita
Source: Elex Media STO 26 Nov-08
- Comic Bomber (Hoero Pen) by Shimamoto Kazuhiko
- Detektif Conan (Meitantei Conan) by Aoyama Gosho
- D-LIVE!! by Minagawa Ryouji
- Dr. Koto (Dr. Koto Shinryoujo) by Yamada Takatoshi
- InuYasha by Takahashi Rumiko
- KATSU! by Adachi Mitsuru
- Kekkaishi by Tanabe Yellow
- Kurozakuro by Natsume Yoshinori
- Look Up! (Miagete Goran) by Kusaba Michiteru
- MAR by Anzai Nobuyuki
- Wild Life by Fujisaki Masato
- Yakitate!! Japan by Hashiguchi Takashi
New series and standalones
Debuting series—Bikings by Fudo Jun and the first of the Flower Fairies Wings shoujo manhua duology by Nell—as well as the standalone Without You makita by Sri Murni didn't get many Get! commitments. Can you say "impecunious"?
At any rate, if you landed here looking for more information about these Elex newbies, let me copy pasta the synopses I posted earlier.
Bikings 1 of 8
by Fudo Jun
Everyone knows Itto Ippongi for his earnest spontaneity that often results in the opposite of what he intends. But Itto's classmate Miyata sees something in Itto—specifically his bike racing ability—and invites him to join Miyata's team. Confident, Itto accepts and discovers that aside from bike spare parts costing two arms and two legs, racing with a team isn't as easy as he'd thought it would be.
The Flower Fairies Wings 1 of 2
Xiao Que is an elf whose magic always seems to blow up in her face; Jie Cao is an elven prince famous for his icy demeanor. Students of Coursemayden school, both are forced to undertake a deadly mission after Xiao Que's magic outrageously backfires.
I don't have anything on Without You, obviously. Otherwise, Idapostedit.
Let's not let the popularity of Roulette Battler eclipse other series that are wrapping this 26 November, namely Tennen Pearl Pink (volume 4 of 4) by Tanaka Meca and—if I'm not mistaken—Romance of the Three Kingdoms or the Sangokushi version by Yamasaki Hiromi (volume 6 of 6).
Pearl Pink volume 4 ushers in Tamako's absentee father into the limelight, but more important than that—Tamako x Kanji Happy Even After??
With those One Piece's and the Indonesian version of Shonen Sunday streeting, did you think shoujo even stood a chance? There are only five titles, including the Kyaaa! Kyaaa~! Daichi! Kitchen Princess 6.
Still more manga. What else?
~niki DBA huamulan03 (花木蘭03)
disclaimer Cover images and source summaries used here are © their respective intellectual rights holders. No infringement intended.
Technorati tags (click to unhide)