This week

MangaElex: 1.28 | 2.04 • Level: 1.28 | 2.04 • m&c!: 1.28 | 2.04
Anime (on Animax Asia): Valvrave The Liberator Season 2
[Season Premiere] 2 February 2015, Monday, 10pm WIB (airs Mon–Wed)
Hunter × Hunter (New episodes) 630pm WIB, weekdays
Parasyte –the maxim– simulcast 10pm WIB, Thursdays
The File of Young Kindaichi, 1030pm WIB, weekdays

1.12.2009

My first Blogcritics manga review! (It's Oyayubihime Infinity. Again.)

Screencap of Blogcritics home page (2009.01.12)

[Screencap of Blogcritics home page, with huamulan03's Manga Review: Oyayubihime Infinity by Toru Fujieda as Most-viewed (2009.01.12)]

But at least I didn't copy pasta!

It was only ever so that I could write description tags for the Katou Motohiro tag page on Technorati; to do so, you first have to be a Blogcritics writer. So I applied.

Blogcritics bills itself as an an online magazine, a community of writers and readers from around the globe—with the BC Books section claiming to be a sinister cabal of superior writers.

While I consider that superior a goal I've still to achieve, I got my approval email last Friday and today (12 January), I submitted my first BC exclusive review. It's already up: Manga Review: Oyayubihime Infinity by Toru Fujieda.

This review is different from the first one I did, so please, check it out ^^

An excerpt:

From the nimiety of shoujo manga out there, Toru Fujieda-sensei scores with a refreshing past life-troped offering, starring a wimp who prevails over a prince in the "who's really her soul mate now?!" duke it out. And they're fighting over a heroine who's the farthest from the breathless, "I can't graduate until I tell him what I really feel for him" chara type.

(From huamulan03's Manga Review: Oyayubihime Infinity by Toru Fujieda on Blogcritics)

What really tickles me pink is that this review made it to the top of the Most-viewed articles today widget on BC's sidebar when I checked (around 9PM WIB). Okay, so call me shallow, but! I'm still grinning a watermelon slice grin and preserving that "achievement" for posterity.

My joining BC doesn't mean that I will be even more MIA than I already am at Japanator. (Gomen! *throws herself at the feet of the mighty DMV-san and other Jtor editors*) Somehow I'll manage to post more at Jtor (not the same reviews as BC's), write new reviews for BC and draft those tags—if I have to nail a hachimaki to my forehead.

Call it part of my resolution rush.

~niki DBA huamulan03 (花木蘭03)

Technorati tags

, , , ,

Recent posts