What are blue, white-hatted and love sarsaparilla? repurpose a bubbling cauldron—in which they're the main ingredient—into a hot tub. (I refer to Smurf - Sup Para Smurf, half the bande dessinée shipping this 18th.)
Soul Eater © Ohkubo Atsushi/Square Enix [Serialized in Shonen Gangan]
Published in Indonesia by Elex Media/Level Comics
Whoa! That was fast! Soul Eater 3 sees Tsubaki and Black☆Star hunting down a rogue blade—the Uncanny Sword Masamune—who has sunk to devouring human souls.he
Masamune who also happens to be Tsubaki's oniisan has long harbored jealousy over Tsubaki inheriting their clan's multiple weapon forms. To defeat her older brother, on the verge of transforming into a kishin, Tsubaki must discard her usual gentleness or else face absorption into darkness. [Additions from Wikipedia and Yen Press' Soul Eater, Vol. 3 descriptions]
The third Soul Eater tankou compiles chapters 6-9:
Holy Sword (Black☆Star and Kid's pursuit of the legendary Excalibur);
Uncanny Sword, Parts 1-2 (blurbed above); and
Persevering Soul, which I suppose switches the focus back to Maka, striving to conquer her dependence on weapon partner Soul.
Meanwhile, without basis whatsoever, I say we thank Eternal Sabbath 1 for streeting last October because—in whatever non sequitur way—it made Level speed up Il Creatore che ha distrutto's resurrection.
I doubt you've forgotten Cesare, but in case its eight-month sabbatical makes you blank out on the premise, Souryo Fuyumi's seinen manga revolves around a young Cesare Borgia, long before the
end justifies the means model of Niccolò Machiavelli's The Prince was appointed a cardinal. We witness the genesis of Cesare's ambitions through the eyes of naive geek Angelus da Canossa, a fellow University of Pisa student (thus the series'
Wiki lets slip that the manga-ka works with a Dante scholar—I assume that's supervisor Hara Motoaki-sensei who shares cover billing with Souryo Fuyumi-sensei—to paint a historically correct picture of Renaissance Italy.
As for what's in store in Cesare volume 3 —
Henry, the ringleader of the French group, humiliates Miguel and evicts him from the meeting just for being a Jew. This ignites Cesare's ire, prompting Cesare to exchange blows with Henry to avenge his friend.
The combatants' grappling end up smashing the Virgin Mary statue intended for display in the Chapel. What's worse, Henry loses consciousness from injuries Cesare inflicted. The authorities then summon Cesare to explain himself.
Release links are hide/unhide. Click for more details and cover scans.
- Cesare: The Creator of Destruction 3 of 8+ by Souryo Fuyumi
- Fight!! Ippo (Hajime no Ippo) 79 of 94+ by Morikawa Joji
- Psychometrist Eiji (Psychometrer Eiji) 16 of 25 by Ando Yuma & Asaki Masashi
- The Ravages of Time (Huo Feng Liao Yuan) 5 of 39+ by Chan Mou
- Soul Eater 3 of 18+ by Ohkubo Atsushi
- Lucky Luke - Pelarian Dalton Bersaudara (Lucky Luke, tome 15: L'Evasion des Dalton) by Morris, René Goscinny (Dupuis)
- Smurf - Sup Para Smurf (La soupe aux Schtroumpfs, tome 10) by Peyo, Yvan Delporte (Dupuis)
¹ Sources: Elex STO 18 November 2010 (release schedule) and Komikologi and/or Gramedia Shop (synopses, unless indicated otherwise)
² Manga are priced at IDR 18,500 each except Cesare 3 (SRP: IDR 19,500). ROMICs Lucky Luke - Pelarian Dalton Bersaudara and Smurf - Sup Para Smurf retail for IDR 30,000/volume.
³ are commercial Amazon search and/or product links (other language versions).
Miyata fights a “comeback” match before his title unification bout with OPBF interim champ, Randy Boy Junior. Miyata finishes off his opponent with a boxing counter supposedly reserved for Ippo. Such goes his farewell message to Ippo.
Meanwhile, Ippo meets with Mr. Sakaguchi who insists that the same counter will prove useless against Randy. Just what kind of pugilist is Randy? And what is his connection with Miyata?
I gotta thank Level's Fight!! Ippo 79 blurb for making me research
Undisputed Champion. (Gugel, if you must.)
Volume 79 comprises chapters:
Look Up At the Lightning
A Piercing Counter
A Message from Miyata
The Destined Boxer
As the Challenger
Red Yellow Blue
The Mysterious Trainer
The painted faces of serial murder victims send Ryoko and Eiji to the home of a genius artist to investigate. They find that the artist's mountain hideaway presents evidence of poltergeist activity.
Are the paranormal manifestations linked to Ryoko and Eiji's serial killing case? If so, how is the career detective and the high school psychometrist supposed to solve the mystery?
Psychometrist Eiji does The X-Files. Me likes. And I know I've sed this, like, a thousand times but lemme reiterate: Ando Yuma-sensei also writes under the pennames Agi Tadashi (The Drops of God), Aoki Yuya (Get Backers), Ryuumon Ryou (Bloody Monday), Arimori Jōji (Monkey Typhoon) and Igano Hiroaki (Area no kishi). As Amagi Seimaru, he wrote Remote and pens the new Kindaichi Case Files and the Kindaichi Special Cases. (Speaking of, the third Special Case—Kindaichi Special Case: Private School Murder—is scheduled to premiere on 24 November.)
Dong Zhuo takes the emperor hostage and relocates the capital. Meanwhile, flames engulf the city of Luoyang, and the Guandong military commander Yuan Shao falls into enemy hands. At this juncture, Commander Canbing shows up to save the day.
But just as Canbing thinks the situation is firmly under control, Lu Bu attacks.
UP NEXT: m&c! 18 November 2010 manga
m&c!: Nube 28 · Lady and the Sea 2 of 2 · Ijime Escape from Hell by Igarashi Kaoru · My Cheerful Boyfriend by Satori Tae
other upcoming 18 November 2010 manga
- Elex Media: C.M.B. 13 · Topeng Kaca 3 Deluxe · Bakeru-kun Pika Pika 1 by Fujiko F. Fujio · Lys Lily 1 by Hibiki Wataru · Mixim 11 v1 by Anzai Nobuyuki · Demon King 31 · Crayon Shinchan: Buku Pengetahuan Apa & Mengapa by Usui Yoshito · Hayate the Combat Butler 23 · Wild Life 10 · Animal Doctor 3 · Global Garden 2 · Look Up! 5 · Natural Honey Dormitory 4 · Ogawa & Team Saito 3 · Hell Girl 9 of 9 · Want You 2 · Juvenile Remix 5 · Lum, The Invader Girl 27 · HanaLaLa 54/2010
Iamque opus exegi,
~niki DBA 30uɐlnɯɐnɥ (花木蘭03)
Mistress of Adoxography
Cover images and source summaries used here for reference are © their respective intellectual rights holders. No infringement intended.
currently available manga (10 November 2010 street date)
- Elex Media: Inuyasha 49 · Kisah Edo di Abad 21: Chotto Edo Made 1 by Tsuda Masami · Kariage kun 35 · BECK 24 · Cross Game 17 of 17 · Magic Peddler Roma 2 · Sanzoku Ou: King of Bandits 6 · Spiral: The Bonds Of Reason 8 · Nakayoshi 86/2010 · Shonen Star 76/2010
- Level Comics: Until Death Do Us Part 2 · Air Gear 16 · The Strange Florist by Yohna · Genius Family Company 4 · Team Medical Dragon 13 · Bambino! 7 · The Hunting of The Snark 2 · Show Me the Money 2 of 2 · Blade of Immortal 12 · Zenith 5 · 3x3 Eyes 33 · Yakari dan Si Bulu Putih
- m&c!: Female Wolf's Boy 8 · Hai, Miiko! 22 · Shanimuni GO 32 of 32 · Togetherness by Wagata Konomi · Goal Den Age 1 by Takaoka Eisei & Tsunamoto Masaya · Bakugan Battle Brawlers 12 · How to make a Princess 2 of 2 · Go! Hiromi Go! 5 · Monika 136
related monthly schedules
Premiering The Strange Florist by Yohna and Desert Love by Sachimi Riho (standalones) and Gun Smith Cats Burst by Sonoda Kenichi, Sky of Love by Mika & Haneda Ibuki (series)