Reimei no Arcana © Toma Rei/Shogakukan [Serialized in Cheese!]
Published in Indonesia as Dawn of The Arcana by Elex Media/Level Comics
The southern and northern kingdoms of Senan and Belquat have long been at war. To end the conflict, Senan's Princess Nakaba is married off to Belquat's Prince Caesar. Nakaba already has two other obvious strikes against her going in — her “commoner” red hair, a slap to the face of the exclusively black-haired royal family, and her “sub-human” (half-beast) bodyguard Loki.
How will Nakaba fare, trapped behind enemy lines? Can the visions she sees stave off death threatening at every turn?
So, Ogura Akane's Absolute Peace Strategy (published by Elex). The two differ, however, in the not even hidden hostility/contempt/ridicule Strong Female Lead Nakaba faces, and that's just from her husband. Also, there's her Special Power (prescience), to which the
Arcana in the title alludes. Doesn't make sense? Just GET! to see what I mean. I guarantee you'll enjoy the ride.
If you're still not convinced, may I tell you that Dawn of The Arcana 3 has already entered the editing phase? Volume 3, peeps! (By contrast, North American readers only get Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 1 in December 2011.)
Toma Rei-sensei is also the manga-ka of the game-based Star Color Present (Hoshiiro no Okurimono), the two-volume Stolen Kiss, Reverse Harem Boku wa Kiss de Uso wo Tsuku and the Maid In Love Tsukushite Agemasu, all serialized first in Cheese! like Dawn of The Arcana.
I preview the other manga premiere—the Zombie School! Dark Edge by Aikawa Yu—after the release list.
To preclude the first Kishin's madness claiming more victims, Shinigami-sama assembles the world's most powerful death scythes. While the weapons discuss battle plans, the DWMA slowly reverts to its quotidian routine. But one new student has trouble adjusting to normal school life.
Yup, it's Crona, now a DWMA student and handed her/his first mission with Maka and Soul.
A prisoner of the Mugai-ryū, Manji serves as the guinea pig for Ayame Burando's immortality experiments. Burando has been ordered by Kagimura Habaki to graft Manji's limbs onto another—the first subject being death row inmate Dewanosuke—to replicate Manji's regenerative powers. The experiment fails, claiming the lives of many prisoners. But with Habaki egging Burando on, will the doctor persevere and eventually succeed?
[Additions from Casterman's L'habitant de l'infini, Tome 16 description and Mecha Mecha Media's Blade of the Immortal 16 review]
- A Spirit of The Sun (Taiyou no Mokushiroku) 11 of 17 by Kawaguchi Kaiji
- Attack!! 7 of 11+ by Oshima Tsukasa
- Blade of Immortal (Mugen no Juunin) 16 of 27+ by Samura Hiroaki
- [Series Premiere] Dark Edge 1 of 15 by Aikawa Yu
- [Series Premiere] Dawn of The Arcana (Reimei no Arcana) 1 of 7+ by Toma Rei
- Ghost Mum Investigator (Ghost Mama Sousasen) 3 of 3+ by Sato Tomokazu
- Soul Eater 7 of 19+ by Ohkubo Atsushi
[Release links are hide/unhide. Click for more details.]
- Rantanplan - Biang Masalah by Morris (Lucky Comics)
- Rantanplan - Natal Bersama by Morris (Lucky Comics)
- Spirou dan Fantasio - Jamur dan Sang Diktator (Spirou et Fantasio, tome 7: Le Dictateur et le champignon) by Franquin (Dupuis)
¹ Sources: Elex STO 1 June 2011 (release schedule) and Komikologi and/or Gramedia Shop (synopses, unless indicated otherwise).
² Manga retails for IDR 18,500/volume except Blade of Immortal 16 (IDR 19,500). ROMICs are priced at IDR 30,000 each except Spirou dan Fantasio - Jamur dan Sang Diktator (IDR 38,000).
³ are commercial Amazon search and/or product links (other language versions).
New titles continued
After his mother's death, Takagi Kuro transfers to Yotsuji High, a school that forbids students from remaining on campus after sundown. On his first day, Takagi and his classmates inadvertently break the rule, little realizing the “punishment” that awaits.
What kind of school of Yotsuji High anyway? A High School of the Dead, one established some seven years before this more famous one. For their rule violation, Takagi and pals are
attacked by zombies, faculty members who possess an
evil gene, as ComicsOne's Dark Edge, Vol. 1 synopsis shares.
The rest of the continuing series
- A Spirit of The Sun 11 by Kawaguchi Kaiji: Under Buichi Suguro's leadership, the North Self Defense forces stage a fake coup, killing not only Takuma Ryu and Keitaro Mabuchi but also installing Takuya Todo as the North Area prime minister. Genichiro, grief-stricken over the assassination of his grandfather, joins forces with the Alliance to fight against Todo. With the South Area's freedom threatened, Misao Munakata opposes Todo's desire to unify Japan, leading to heightened tension between the South and North.
- Attack!! 7 by Oshima Tsukasa: Kakegawa faces off against Ikezato in the semi-finals. Ikezato has made winning the nationals a tradition; can Kakegawa counter the lightning attacks and the giant wall of defense aimed at sealing Kengo Kobayashi?
- Ghost Mum Investigator 3 by Sato Tomokazu: Tonbo and his ghost mum continue to help spirits with unresolved issues. This time they aid a fortune-teller worried about the fate of her customer; a magician in search of a successor, the ghost of a monkey that appears only when it rains and... Tonbo's first love.
Still not enuf? Here are the other 1 June 2011 manga and manhwa
Elex Media: One Piece 58 · Dream Eater Merry 2 · Kome Si Belang 3 · Kariage kun 42 · The Recipe For Gertrude 4 · V.B. Rose 7 · The Tyr Chronicles 6 · Crows 18 · Inazuma Eleven 3 · Lum, The Invader Girl 29 · Tena on S-string 7 · Doraemon: Gadget Cat from the Future 6
m&c!: Bleach 40 · Female Wolf's Boy 17 of 17 · Hai Miiko! 23 · Seiyuu-Ka! Lovely Voice 1 by Minami Maki · Sky Blue Beach 5 · Glasses Boy Fans Club by Kawamaru Shin · My Own Princess 3 · Say Say Say 2 · Magical X Miracle 6 of 6 · Out Code 3 of 3 · Heroine Complex by Naoda Tsuboko · Love Class by Ayumi Rin · Love Samurai by Aoi Michiru · My Tiger Boy 1 and 2 of 2 by Sakisaka Mea· Monika 141
Iamque opus exegi,
~niki DBA 30uɐlnɯɐnɥ (花木蘭03)
Mistress of Adoxography
Cover images and source summaries used here for reference are © their respective intellectual rights holders. No infringement intended.