Shi ga Futari wo Wakatsu Made © Takashige Hiroshi & DOUBLE-S
Square Enix [Serialized in Young Gangan]
Published in Indonesia as Until Death do us Part by Elex Media/Level Comics
Mission Exterminate Assassins in Shinjukugyoen, Start-OH!, and who should get in Mamoru's face but Detective Genda. In this inevitable badass showdown, which swordsman will prevail?
Observes Until Death do us Part editor Lenny-san: The
Full action & technology! spares no one, not even Haruka; she leaps into the Volume 7:
Girl meets...... crossfire armed with what Mamoru taught her ^^
The SPSS (DWMA) mandates meisters and weapons to study Duel Arts to prep for combat against the first Kishin and the Arachnophobia syndicate. But resonance hiccups result in training #Fail.
Meanwhile, Medusa soul's survives Stein's death blow and resurfaces in a new body.
Lenny-san promises that we get Awesome! Death The Kid action in this tank (see »Wiki's summary for a sneak peek at asymmetriphobic DTK's virtuosity). Also, the Shinigama–Witch clot, errr, plot, deepens ^_^
Soul Eater 8 compiles chapter 28 through 31:
Bodyguard (Part 2),
Reunion Express (Part 1 and 2). [*NOT Level's chapter titles]
Shin Kijou no Kowloon
© Aoki Tomo & Nagasaki Takashi
Shinchosha [Comic Bunch]
Published in Indonesia
as Kowloon's Seekers
by Level Comics
Mid-21st century. Tsukueda Kyu is a seeker living in Neo Kowloon. Raised by the genetically engineered rabbit, Rabbi, Kyu hunts for missing ‘goods’ and ‘hearts’ in Tokyo, along with his animal sidekick slash parent.
Little do Kyu and Rabbi expect their next seeker case to pit them against Monk, a genius chimpanzee with big Annihilate humans! schemes. A chimp modified by Professor Moro, the same (mad) scientist who tweaked Rabbi.
Lenny-san (*grin*) deems this new science fiction/detective series a
must for 20th Century Boys and Monster fans. Why? Explains an unidentified Elex Media editor: writer Nagasaki Takashi collaborates with Urasawa Naoki on Monster and Billy Bat. Nagasaki Takashi-sensei was also among the planning staff of the live-action 20th Century Boys movie, as well as supervisor of the Monster anime for Studio Bee.
Meanwhile, manga-ka Aoki Tomo-sensei has more shoujo than seinen manga among his/her backlist (Fushigi Doushiden Hakke no Sora, Ryuuyou-kun Shimatsu Ki and the ongoing Sangokushi Joker, all first serialized in Akita Shoten's Mystery Bonita horror comics magazine).
Baka-Updates Manga identifies the 2002.12-vintage Kijou no Kuryuu or Kijou no Kowloon as the prequel to Kowloon's Seekers. I wonder, though, whether the latter is truly a continuation; I lean more to a reworking, I don't know why. Kijou no Kowloon was published by Shogakukan (Big Comics Special imprint) while Kowloon's Seekers was published by Shinchosha (Comic Bunch Extra imprint).
Lenny-san's GET! parting shot: Kyu and Rabbi solve cases not only with logic and deduction, but also with
liver heart ♡.
The poignant backstories don't lose out to the exciting cases >0<
- ARMS 20 of 22 by Minagawa Ryouji & Nanatsuki Kyouichi
- Bambino! 12 of 15 by Sekiya Tetsuji
- Basara 18 of 27 by Tamura Yumi
- Bronze Angel (Bronze no Tenshi) 3 of 7 by Saito Chiho
- Death's Notice (Ikigami) 7 of 9+ by Mase Motoro
- Devil Devil 2 of 15 by Miyoshi Yuuki
- Fight!! Ippo (Hajime no Ippo) 83 of 96+ by Morikawa Joji
- The Fugitive Lawyer Makoto Narita (Toubou Bengoshi Narita Makoto) 6 of 6 by Go Hideki and Takada Yu [Finale]
- [Series Premiere] Kowloon's Seekers (Shin Kijou no Kowloon) 1 of 3 by Aoki Tomo & Nagasaki Takashi
- Kyoko Karasuma's Case Files (Karasuma Kyouko no Jikenbo) 6 of 9+ by Hiroi Ohji & Kozaki Yusuke
- Miso-Com (30 Kon Miso-com) 9 of 12+ by Yonezawa Rika
- Psychometrist Eiji (Psychometrer Eiji) 21 of 25 by Ando Yuma & Asaki Masashi
- RRR 2 of 10 by Watanabe Jun
- Soul Eater 8 of 19+ by Ohkubo Atsushi
- Team Medical Dragon (Iryuu -Team Medical Dragon-) 17 of 25 by Nogizaka Taro & Nagai Akira
- Until Death do us Part (Shi ga Futari wo Wakatsu Made) 7 of 15+ by Takashige Hiroshi & DOUBLE-S
- X Blade 4 of 12 by Ida Tatsuhiko & Shiki Satoshi
[Release links are hide/unhide. Click for more details.]
- Cubitus - Nggak Pernah Mati! (Cubitus ne mord jamais, tome 36) by Dupa (Le Lombard)
¹ Sources: Elex STO 28 June 2011 (release schedule) and Level Comics, Komikologi and Gramedia Shop (synopses, unless indicated otherwise).
² All manga retail for IDR 18,500 except Death's Notice 7 (IDR 18,000), Kowloon's Seekers 1 and Until Death do us Part 7 (IDR 19,500) and X Blade 4 (IDR 20,000). ROMIC Cubitus - Nggak Pernah Mati! retails for IDR 30,000/volume.
³ are commercial Amazon search and/or product links (other language versions).
Joshua Levine invites Ban and Coyote to cook for him. Coyote appears to take the annoying Joshua with a grain of salt—or does he? Coyote suddenly flees the Levine kitchen, without so much as a “Laters!”
Can Ban succeed where Coyote—can you call it “Fail”? What will Ban prepare to satisfy Levine's finicky palate?
Upon her return to Suo, Sarasa hears out a plea for help from a group of Dazaifu youth. Sarasa departs for Dazaifu, all the while on the lookout for assassins. Elsewhere, Shuri prepares to advance to the Black King's stronghold with Yuna and Nakijin.
Editor Lenny-san (xD) describes Basara as
an unconventional josei manga, full of political intrigue and battle strategies more appropriate to a guys' comics. She adds that the psychological conflict resembles that found in Shakespeare's works, echoing the English-translation editor who styles Basara as
a highly Shakespearean story.
I doubt Typical Shoujo Triad founding member @oebee_cherry-san needs name-dropping to continue investing in Basara; she's been after me to try it out. I am sooo tempted, especially as Lenny-san hints at
many touching moments in this volume and highlights the strength of the Shuri × Sarasa bond.
Natalya runs into d'Anthes at a horse race. Because her sister Ekaterina has shown her interest in d'Anthes, Natalya tries her hand at matchmaking. d'Anthes, however, mistakes Natalya's “advances” for something else, and Natalya's heart starts to waver...
If I give up here, my life amounts to nothing more than a lie!
Japan passes the National Prosperity Law that selects random citizens to receive ikigami (death notices). The recipients are literally forced to die — for the greater good. Is it any wonder that few go gracefully into the good night?
I can add:
When Social Services send an inspector to assess the work of Fujimoto, the death notice server suddenly feels the weight of the state's suspicion, making it difficult for him to aid two ikigami victims. –Ikigami, préavis de mort, tome 7 synopsis (Kazé Editions)
Mizuno tells her rescuer Sword how to regain his demonic powers and the pair journey to Mizuno's grandfather's inn. But instead of full devil revival, what awaits Sword is execution for aiding the angel Ios.
Devil Devil's charm point is the Angel/Devil subversion — how arch-enemies Sword and Ios comically end up as human brothers, complete with a 180 degree-'tude switch. Sword possesses the weakling Souma and in his human form, constantly lands in the hospital (not to mention gets chibi-tized ^^) Editor Nickyta Oliver Fonda-san guarantees you will never be bored with Sword's antics because
albeit a devil, he's not like all the other demons hahaha.
I will not give up; I will uncover the truth!
Betrayed by the judicial system he upholds, lawyer Narita Makoto hides among society's throng, all the while seeking to clear his name of false murder, arson and embezzlement charges.
Will the fugitive lawyer ever find justice?
Editor Nickyta-san sheds a few tears T_T over the ending of the Makoto Narita series, noting how the story makes the reader want to help Makoto, but obviously Can't! >.< (I don't know whether the sequel Shin Toubou Bengoshi Narita Makoto, three volumes as at April 2011, relieves that frustration.) Nickyta-san is also pleased to provide this [Mini-spoiler]:
Rikitaro, frantically looking for a job while taking care of Aozora, guests on the reality show hosted by world boxing champion Oishi Raita. The champ's training is Spartan at best and not serious enough Rikitaro is pushed around by Oishi.
Can Rikitaro survive his 15 minutes of fame?
Cardiac surgeon Izaka conceals her pregnancy and an anxious Noboru tries to coax her into talking with Akira. But Izaka staunchly refuses, so fearful that she considers an abortion.
What terrifies Izaka?
Dr. Izaka is not the only one with pregnancy problems. Fetal abnormalities haunt Profesor Takeo's daughter-in-law in Team Medical Dragon 17.
The rest of the ongoing series
- ARMS 20 by Minagawa Ryouji & Nanatsuki Kyouichi: Ryou and the Arms hasten to save Katsumi from Egrigori's clutches, but arrive too late: Katsumi has evolved into Bandersnatch.
- Fight!! Ippo 83 by Morikawa Joji: Ippo clues in on Gedo's trick of using his long arms to block his opponent's vision and regains his depth perception. But Ippo's payback only rouses Gedo's true power.
- Kyoko Karasuma's Case Files 6 by Hiroi Ohji & Kozaki Yusuke: Kano proclaims Tohoku's autonomy and presses the central government to recognize the new Oni state. Otherwise, he will wipe out Tokyo with a nuclear bomb. Can Karasuma Kyoko find Kano before Tokyo is obliterated?
- Miso-Com 9 by Yonezawa Rika: Hayami declares himself Kuroki's rival for Emi's affections, while Choko shocks Eguchi by saying that cohabiting is taboo for a single woman.
- Psychometrist Eiji 21 by Ando Yuma & Asaki Masashi: Ryoko and Eiji race to solve the mystery of the serial bomber who always succeeds in killing his targets. Can Eiji's psychometry expose the identity of the Silent Bomber?
- X Blade 4 by Ida Tatsuhiko & Shiki Satoshi: While out shopping with Mana, Haru is jolted by the appearance of an injured Fujimaru. Fujimaru has ran afoul of Nanatsusaya's genius swordsman Soji. When Haru intervenes to save Fujimaru, the normally taciturn Soji challenges Haru.
Still not enuf? Here are the other 28 June 2011 manga and manhwa
Elex Media: Chinmi Other Story: Chinmi & Shie Fan by Maekawa Takeshi · Hayate The Combat Butler 25 · Kariage kun 43 · Otoboke Section Chief 12 · New Kobochan 7 · Detektif Conan Spesial 36 · Want You 10 of 10 · Doraemon Movie: Nobita & Pahlawan Bersayap (First and Last) by Fujiko F. Fujio
m&c!: Idol Shopping 9 · 16 Life 1-2 of 2 by Aikawa Saki · My Kingdom 3 · Vanilla Frosting 1 of 2 by Romo · Song For My Sweet Home 1 by Fujimoto Yuki · Cherry 54/2011
Iamque opus exegi,
~niki DBA 30uɐlnɯɐnɥ (花木蘭03)
Mistress of Adoxography
Cover images and source summaries used here for reference are © their respective intellectual rights holders. No infringement intended.