Otoyome-Gatari © Mori Kaoru/Enterbrain
[Serialized in Fellows!]
Published in Indonesia as The Bride's Stories by Elex Media
Despite rejection of their request, the Hargal family envoys insist on forcing Amira to exchange her young husband for another. Fortunately, Smith manages to divert the Hargals' attention and protect Karluk and Amira's marriage. Still, with a land deal on the line, a feud between the two families is inevitable and the Ayhan family might not be able to stop Amira leaving.
Bride's Stories editor Lenny-san worries about the threat to Karluk and Amira's domestic harmony in the second volume, but distracts herself with studying the
specifications and significance of embroidery for Persian women of the time. Me? I'm not reading, but if I were, I'd hang on to how Yen Press' A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 describes Karluk's love for his bride:
a force to be reckoned with. ^^
Chiyoko is thrown into a tizzy by the sudden appearance of her real father, but her reluctance to let her father live alone makes up her mind. On the day of her departure, however, Inamushi's hired killer confronts Ichigo.
- The Bride's Stories (Otoyome-Gatari) 2 of 3+ by Mori Kaoru
- Chocolat 7 of 7 by Kubonouchi Eisaku [Finale]
- Hellsing 7 of 10 by Hirano Kohta
- Hikayat Genji (Asakiyumemishi) 10 of 13 by Yamato Waki
- Iliad 4 of 15 by Uoto Osamu & Toshusai Garaku
- Jepang Tenggelam! (Nihon Chinbotsu) 14 of 15 by Komatsu Sakyou/Ishiki Tokihiko
- K2 volume 8 of 15+ by Mafune Kazuo
- Lost Man 2 of 12+ by Kusaba Michiteru
- New Comic Bomber (Shin Hoero Pen) 7 of 11 by Shimamoto Kazuhiko
- Rainbow 22 of 22 by Abe George & Kakizaki Masasumi [Finale]
- Tomo'o (Danchi Tomoo) 12 of 18+ by Oda Tobira
- Yokohama Chinatown Fantasy (Kachuu Hana) 6 of 14+ by Nishi Yuuji & Hikino Shinji
- Boule & Bill - Geng Bill (Boule et Bill: La bande à Bill) by Verron, Roba (Dargaud)
- Johan & Pirlouit - Negeri Terkutuk (Johan et Pirlouit, tome 12: Le pays maudit) by Peyo (Dupuis)
- Marsupilami - Bayi dari Ujung Dunia (Le Marsupilami, tome 2: Le Bébé du bout du monde) by Batem, Greg, André Franquin (Dupuis)
- Spirou & Sang Ahli Waris (Spirou et Fantasio, tome 4: Spirou et les héritiers) by Franquin (Dupuis) »Ex-6.22
- Yakari - Yakari dan Burung Salju (Yakari, tome 18: L'Oiseau de neige) by Derib, Job, Dominique (Le Lombard)
¹ Sources: Elex STO 6 July 2011 (release schedule) and Level Comics, Komikologi and Gramedia Shop (synopses, unless indicated otherwise).
² All manga retail for IDR 18,500 except Yokohama Chinatown Fantasy 7 (IDR 19,500). All ROMICs retail for IDR 30,000/volume, save Johan & Pirlouit - Negeri Terkutuk and Spirou & Sang Ahli Waris (IDR 38,000).
³ are commercial Amazon search and/or product links (other language versions).
Fighting alongside The Geese mercs led by Captain Pip Bernadotte, Seras tries to defend Hellsing HQ from Zorin Blitz's assault. But Zorin proves too strong, prompting Captain Bernadotte to sacrifice his life to save Seras'. Meanwhile, Alucard faces off with archbishop Maxwell...
FYI, Hellsing 8 is scheduled to street 20 July.
Iriya and Yuri's search for Atlantis takes them to Kyushu where Iriya is fazed to note the similarities between the medieval Japanese Yuriwaka Daijin and The Odyssey.
Iliad editor Nickyta-san promises that you will geek out with Plato, Ulysses and moar, including (presumably ^^) Yuriwaka of the legend. (See this Monumenta Nipponica Vol. 33, No. 1, Spring, 1978.)
A heart transplant that proceeds too smoothly at the Kurazu University Hospital piques Dr. Kariya's interest. K, who hears of the story, immediately thinks of the covert organ cloning organization, the same one that attempted to kidnap Kazunari. Could the university hospital be in collusion with the shady group?
"The next time we meet will be in the pro ring."
Penyu (Turtle) and the others struggle to coax Sakota into making good on his promise to Abang (An-chan), also for the sake of realizing Mario's dreams with Abang. After ten years, the former Cell 2-6 inmates of Shonan Special Reform School start a new chapter in their lives...
The rest of the ongoing series
- Lost Man 2 by Kusaba Michiteru: Matsumoto and his manager Sakazaki manage to persuade Tiago to let Matsumoto join Fazenda FC, albeit as a keeper. His task ahead: to help the club win every match and foil unscrupulous corporations from devastating the city. The entire population relies on Matsumoto, but can Matsumoto meet their expectations when the club faces a formidable team?
- New Comic Bomber 7 by Shimamoto Kazuhiko: Hono-sensei meets the Jigza princess once again at a comics festival. The Princess offers Hono the chance to design her kingdom's new currency and promises five billion within half a year as compensation. Will Hono-sensei move to Jigza and say good-bye to his manga-ka profession?
- Tomo'o 12 by Oda Tobira: "Solve your own problems using your own knowledge." So goes Tomoo's mom's advice to her son. But Tomo'o applies her teaching to help a friend, whose hand got caught in a wire, using lessons learned from unsticking a finger out of a bottle.
- Yokohama Chinatown Fantasy 6 by Nishi Yuuji & Hikino Shinji: Hana gives her dad, the Shanghai shop proprietor and the dorm head Valentine chocolates. But she forgets Yasuhiko! She manages to buy chocolates with money left over, only to lose sed candy to one of her seniors in Manten restaurant. So for Yasuhiko, Valentine fly lice?
Still not enuf? Here are the other 6 July 2011 manga and manhwa
Elex Media: Black Butler 11 · 07-GHOST 1 by Amemiya Yuki & Ichihara Yukino · Hero Tales 3 · Topeng Kaca 14 Deluxe · Yakitate!! Japan 22 · Wild Life 18 · Crayon Shinchan 7 · Wazabo 5 · Crayon Shinchan: Jalan-Jalan Keliling Dunia by Usui Yoshito · Dodge Fighters 6 · Doraemon: Gadget Cat from The Future 7 · Shonen Star 12/2011
m&c!: Sky Blue Beach 6 of 6 · Let Me Kiss You by Shiraishi Yuki · My Own Princess 5 · Say Say Say 3 · Pedang MahaDewa - Forestory V -God of The Gods 2
Iamque opus exegi,
~niki DBA 30uɐlnɯɐnɥ (花木蘭03)
Mistress of Adoxography
Cover images and source summaries used here for reference are © their respective intellectual rights holders. No infringement intended.