GTO Shonan 14 Days © Fujisawa Toru/Kodansha
[Serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine]
Published in Indonesia by Elex Media/Level Comics
Updated with Level artwork and editor resources (not the only one babbling here :D)
Thorn-up-Onizuka's-side Katsuragi apparently just craves attention, not getting any from her father. Even when she's actually kidnapped, Pops doesn't lift a finger, thinking it's all a bluff. What else is Onizuka to do, but save Katsuragi in his own inimitable way...
Level editor Adisti-san observes that Katsuragi's problems are outed in the second GTO Shonan 14 Days. Whether that's what leads to the
heart-pounding chase on the streets of Shonan, you'll have to GET! volume 2 to confirm ^_^
Professor Takeo's daughter-in-law is rushed to the operating room after an accident. Professor Takeo orders surgical team head Izaka to prioritize his in-law's life, even as the mother insists that the doctor save her baby. At a crucial moment, Akira appears to assist in the operation. Will she choose to uphold the mother's wishes, or that of the Professor?
Lenny-san also likens the medical drama supervised by Yoshinuma Mie-sensei to the House TV series that stars
an unconventional and misanthropic medical genius who heads a team of diagnosticians at the fictional Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (PPTH) in New Jersey. (Thanks, Wiki.) I get
unconventional medical genius, but TMD because Ryu-chan scares me ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶).
To pay for the bottle of wine he broke, Ban decides to accept Coyote's offer to "cook for the Mafia." But can Ban satisfy the palates of the Italian mafiosi? Or will he end up rueing his decision?
Talk about living dangerously. Ganbare, Ban-chan! p(^^)q
Tanguy et Laverdure,
tome 3: Danger dans le Ciel
© Charlier & Uderzo/
Published in Indonesia as
Tanguy & Laverdure -
Bahaya Di Angkasa
Topping the bande dessinée Do Want! list is Jean-Michel Charlier & Albert Uderzo's Tanguy & Laverdure - Bahaya Di Angkasa (Tanguy et Laverdure, tome 3: Danger dans le Ciel). Tanguy and Laverdure are assigned to Creil's squadron 1/10, also known as the Cigognes or Storks squadron, and pilot the SMB2 (Super Mystère B2) fighter-bomber. Their first mission: patrolling the airspace of Melun-Villaroche military base, declared a No-Fly zone to test a highly-classified French aircraft. One night, a secret transmission is intercepted around Melun-Villaroche; Tanguy scrambles and is forced to chase an enemy reconnaissance jet in the skies above the Seine.
Boule & Bill - Sirkus Keren! (Boule et Bill, tome 29: Quel cirque!) by Verron Laurent also streets this week. Here we see that Bill is not only a cute cocker spaniel, but also a...gardener!? (He buries bones in the hope that they will grow into more bones.)
Rounding out the BD trio is Yakari - Yakari dan Si Tanduk Bercabang (Yakari, tome 23: Yakari et les cornes fourchues) by Derib + Job, in which Yakari and Little Thunder race to save a baby antelope trapped in a wildfire.
Back to manga previews after the release list.
- Bambino! 13 of 15 by Sekiya Tetsuji
- Devil Devil 4 of 15 by Miyoshi Yuuki
- GTO Shonan 14 Days 2 of 7+ by Fujisawa Toru
- Jio 17 of 19 by Kishimoto Seishi
- Karakuri Circus 4 of 43 by Fujita Kazuhiro
- Kowloon's Seekers (Shin Kijou no Kowloon) 3 of 3 by Aoki Tomo & Nagasaki Takashi [Finale]
- Love Affair (Bokutachi wa Shitte Shimatta) 10 of 12+ by Miyasaka Kaho
- Officer Monju (Seigi Keikan Monju) 9 of 11+ by Miyashita Hiroki
- Shattered Knife (Oboreru Knife) 8 of 12+ by George Asakura
- Team Medical Dragon (Iryuu -Team Medical Dragon-) 18 of 25 by Nogizaka Taro/Nagai Akira
[Release links are hide/unhide. Click for more details.]
- Boule & Bill - Sirkus Keren! (Boule et Bill, tome 29: Quel cirque!) by Verron, Roba (Dargaud)
- Tanguy & Laverdure - Bahaya Di Angkasa (Tanguy et Laverdure, tome 3: Danger dans le Ciel) by Charlier & Uderzo (Dargaud)
- Yakari - Yakari dan Si Tanduk Bercabang (Yakari, tome 23: Yakari et les cornes fourchues) by Derib + Job (Le Lombard)
¹ Sources: Elex STO 10 August 2011 (release schedule) and Level Comics, Komikologi and Gramedia Shop (synopses, unless indicated otherwise).
² All manga are priced at IDR 18,500 each except Kowloon's Seekers 3 (IDR 19,500). ROMIC Boule & Bill - Sirkus Keren!, Tanguy & Laverdure - Bahaya Di Angkasa and Yakari - Yakari dan Si Tanduk Bercabang retail for IDR 30,000/volume.
³ are commercial Amazon search and/or product links (other language versions).
Tsukueda Kyu decides to seek his own past, little realizing that his quest will set in motion events that culminate in a bitter truth. He manages to uncover the identity of the Kowloon Ripper, his mother's killer, with the help of the eight guardian clones created by Prof. Moro, but...
Yukito and Kotori break up after a big fight, but still continue to harbor feelings for each other. Yukito is the first to give in. He invites Kotori to a date at the local festival, and Kotori accepts, resolved to confess her love for Yukito once more. How will Yukito take Kotori's confession redux?
What do you think? :P
On a related note, I wonder if Level plans to license Bokutachi wa Shitte Shimatta ~ Kare to Kanojo to Aitsu no Himitsu — the light novel authored by Takase Yunoka and released by Shogakukan's Flower Comics Lululu novels label just last 26 July? If you also Do Want!, vote for the resumption of Elex's J-novel line. [»Direct link to poll, if you're already an LXO member.]
Ko's delinquency reaches new heights as the atmosphere between Natsume and Otomo grows increasingly awkward. Natsume tries to photograph Otomo for the class yearbook and at first, Otomo looks annoyed by Natsume's picture-taking. So, how come he...?
Forget awkwardness. As Shattered Knife editor Adisti-san points out,
the distance between Natsume and Otomo is shrinking. Fast. Does this mean bye-bye, Ko? For sure, Natsume has mixed feelings and Otomo—what are you doing!?
Other 10 August highlights
- Devil Devil 4 by Miyoshi Yuuki: Demons preying on Sword multiply by the second. Hell even sends Sword's good buddy Shiva Garland after him. Sword's sitch grows dire when demon exterminator Ranfu also shows up, bent on finishing off Sword.
- Jio 17 by Kishimoto Seishi: Jio and friends get split up after a giant Demon Recipe swallows them. The creature apparently serves as Zenom's headquarters and resting place of ancient ruins. The booby-trapped leftovers pose a deadly threat but not as much as the Four Zenom Kings who await Jio & Co.
- Karakuri Circus 4 by Fujita Kazuhiro: Masaru and Shirogane take a different tack while hauling around the shadow of vanished Narumi. However, their pursuers don't let up; in fact, they even resort to crazier kidnapping. Along comes the Nakamachi Circus, but what's its agenda? And can Masaru rescue the friends he unwittingly dragged into danger?
- Officer Monju 9 by Miyashita Hiroki: Monju, Shino and Junpei are invited to Kyoto to represent Japan in the Japanese/American robot cultural exchange. The American robot rep is Handman operated by genius David. But something's seriously strange about the event that later becomes a terrorist target. Can Monju and Handman handle the unknown menace?
Still not enuf? Here are the other 10 August 2011 manga and manhwa
Elex Media: Wild Life 19 · Dr. Koto 6 · Defense Devil 5 · Spiral: The Bonds of Reason 14 · Bride of the Water God 3 · Real 10 · Mixim 11 Vol.4 · Vinland Saga 6 · Claymore 16 · Demon King 34 · Doraemon 11 · Lum, The Invader Girl 30 · Shonen Star 14/2011 · Shonen Magz 8/2011
m&c!: Love Button 3 · My Life 5 of 5 · Crab Kiss 5 · Cherry is Everywhere 2 of 2 · Meet the Banchou 8 · My Lovely Class Leader 2 · Spray King 1 by Mikuni Shin · Princess Gal Paradise 2 · Dewa Iblis Awan Api II No. 1 by Tony Wong
Iamque opus exegi,
~niki DBA 30uɐlnɯɐnɥ (花木蘭03)
Mistress of Adoxography
Cover images and source summaries used here for reference are © their respective intellectual rights holders. No infringement intended.