Update: Wanna know what grade I gave the Have A Good Night! debut? Scroll, kudasai.
Reimei no Arcana © Toma Rei/Shogakukan
[Serialized in Cheese!]
Published in Indonesia as Dawn of The Arcana by Level Comics
Arriving at the hybrid village to prevent the Belquat army massacre, our heroes discover that Cain—Caesar's older brother—leads the operation. Nakaba tries to negotiate with Cain, little realizing that Cain's bitterness goes deeper than her words can reach.
For runner-up, we have —
Enraged at learning that he's flawed, Isaac lets loose his fury on a hapless Tokyo. Only Akiba can stop his psycho clone from visiting his fate upon innocents.
How will this ultimate showdown between these gene-enhanced ‘immortals’ end? asks Level. Me: Which one was created to be sacrificed? :P In either case, the ES finale should have answers.
New Level titles
Have A Good Night! by Yamazaki Sayaka
There are nights when a woman just needs a man at her side.
Shio hasn't had a good night's sleep since her husband left. But one night, she sleeps soundly — in the arms of her brother-in-law Gai!
Cure for insomnia found, Shio opens up "Stripe Sheep" for women can't fall asleep without a man beside them. She has to keep her side business under wraps, though, especially from Yanagihara who's been getting (too) close lately.
Have A Good Night! or Shima Shima first serialized in Morning in 2008; 12
Seinen with a (Strong) Female Lead, Insomnia, Divorce, Loneliness, Reverse Harem volumes were compiled between July 2008 and October 2010. The slice of life manga was adapted into a live-action renzoku in 2011, starring Yada Akiko (Natsuigawa Reiko in Voice) as Houkigi Shio, with Miura Shohei (Nakatsu Shuichi in Hanazakari no Kimitachi e 2011), Kikuta Daisuke (Kazuki Shuhei, Kaito Royale), Suzuki Katsuhiro (Noe Shinji, HanaKimi 2011) and Fukushi Sota (Murano Sota, Misaki Number One!!) as Shio's four “sheep” Tamabuki Gai, Futaba Ran, Hayashida Rindou and Makomo Shuuji.
☞ Snap review I admit I tried Have A Good Night! solely on the maximum-strength basis of the dorama eyecandy and while the art doesn't quite match up, I enjoyed it immensely. How much? I actually read the first eight episodes sleepy (it was one in the morning), but I. Still. Finished. Shio-neesan does live up to that Strong Female Lead tag and her characterization rings true. As for her Reverse Harem, brother-in-law Gai shows promise. Am definitely reading volume 2 when it comes out—oh, rating? A solid 7.75 of 10 :)
Oh. ROMIC Suske & Wiske also premieres with Setengah Havelaar (Suske en Wiske 310: De halve Havelaar), after having been back-burnered since last December. In this volume, Suske and Wiske (or Spike and Suzy or Bob et Bobette or Willy and Wanda, depending on which language version you're reading), try to save a manuscript about colonial oppression from never seeing the light of a printing press.
- Blade of Immortal (Mugen no Juunin) vol 21 of 28+ by Samura Hiroaki
- Dawn of The Arcana (Reimei no Arcana) vol 5 of 9+ by Toma Rei
- Eternal Sabbath (ES) vol 8 of 8 by Souryo Fuyumi [Finale]
- Gun Smith Cats Burst vol 3 of 5 by Sonoda Kenichi
- [Series Premiere] Have A Good Night! (Shima Shima) vol 1 of 12 by Yamazaki Sayaka
- Lost Man vol 8 of 15+ by Kusaba Michiteru
- Yokohama Chinatown Fantasy (Kachuu Hana) vol 9 of 16+ by Nishi Yuuji & Hikino Shinji
[Release links are hide/unhide. Click for more details.]
- Boule & Bill: Album Kenangan (Boule et Bill, Tome 8: Souvenirs de famille) by Jean Roba (Dupuis)
- [Premiere] Suske & Wiske: Setengah Havelaar (Suske en Wiske 310: De halve Havelaar) by Willy Vandersteen (Standaard Uitgeverij) «Ex-2011.12.28
¹ Sources: Elex STO 29 February 2012 (release schedule) and Komikologi and Gramedia Shop (artwork and synopses, unless indicated otherwise).
² All manga are priced at IDR 18,500 each except Eternal Sabbath 8 (IDR 20,000) and Blade of Immortal 21 and Yokohama Chinatown Fantasy 9 (IDR 19,500/volume). European comics carry IDR 30,000/volume price tags
³ are commercial Amazon search and/or product links (other language versions).
New Level titles: Have A Good Night! - continued
Other Yamazaki Sayaka manga
Aside from Have A Good Night!/Shima Shima and Haruka 17 already noted above, Yamazaki Sayaka created Real Summer (published under Kawade's Kowloon Comics imprint in 2002.05), Tokyo Kazoku, first serialized in Manga Action (five Action Comics volumes from 2002.05 to 2003.07; rereleased in three Futaba Bunko Meisaku Series volumes in 2008.10) and Frozen, originally serialized in Young Magazine (six Young Magazine Comics volumes from 1999.05 to 2000.09).
Yamazaki Sayaka is also co-credited along with Tsutsui Yasutaka for Nanase AKA The Telepathic Wanderers, first serialized in Bessatsu Young Magazine and Magazine SPECIAL (four Young Magazine KC volumes published between 2001.09 and 2003.04).
As Oki Sayaka, she produced Mother Lucy, serialized in Young Sunday (four Young Sunday Comics volumes published between 1997.12 and 1998.09); Minus, first serialized in Young Sunday (five Young Sunday Comics volumes from 1996.07 to 1997.06; rereleased without cuts in three Enterbrain Beam Comix kanzenban in May 2004); Nanakongu (Young Sunday Comics: 1995.11) and Love Zombie (Kowloon Comics: 2001.03).
Her latest seinen series, a collab with Nishida Daisuke (AND ENDLESS), is Renai Mangaka, serialized in Morning (four Morning KC volumes as of January 2012; volume 5 street date: 2012.03.23).
Other 29 February 2012 highlights
- Blade of Immortal vol 21 by Samura Hiroaki: As recompense for the chaos created by his immortality experiments, Kagimura Habaki is ordered to commit ritual suicide within 30 days. In the time remaining, Kagimura, along with the group of 6 Demons, vow to wipe out Clan Itto. Failure means death!
- Gun Smith Cats Burst vol 3 by Sonoda Kenichi: The outlawed quadrennial rally is back, and Bean Bandit eyes the prize and a shot to put Detective Percy six feet under. But Speed Angel Riff-Raff also joins, and Detective Percy is equally determined to off Bean. Add a suspicious Rally who covertly signs up and what do you get?!
- Lost Man vol 8 by Kusaba Michiteru: Matsumoto's shared past with Trautman creates a rift between Matsumoto and Sakazaki. How will Matsumoto react when he hears Sakazaki's version of his lost past? What exactly binds Sakazaki, Matsumoto and Trautman?
- Yokohama Chinatown Fantasy vol 9 by Nishi Yuuji & Hikino Shinji: Chef extraordinaire Shimano Toshio gains fans from Manten's customers, thanks to Madame Nakako. Hana has her hands full trying to keep up with Shimano while trying to think up a new menu to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Yokohama port opening. So why is she adding a starring role in a TV commercial to her plate?!
Still not enuf? Here are the other 29 February 2012 manga and manhwa
Elex Media: Dragon's Fiancé 3 · Popcorn 1 Deluxe by Shoji Yoko · Blooming Youth 11 · Otoboke Section Chief 18 · Emile Chronicle Online Delta Saga 3 of 3
m&c!: Electric Daisy 10 · Canvas ~ Rainbow Sketch 1 by Kodama Miki · Images of You 4 of 4 · Pedang Maha Dewa 4: Amazing Weapons - The Lost Blade 6 · Cherry Issue 62/2012 | Reprints: A Girl's Melancholy by TAAMO · First Romance by Morie Mako · Hold Me, Noir! by Iisaka Yukako · I Love This Wolf by Kikuchi Kamaro · Just Between You and Me by Kawamaru Shin · Love Cupid by Kiritani Miki · My Venus Lady by Usami Maki
Iamque opus exegi,
~Niki C. DBA 30uɐlnɯɐnɥ (花木蘭03)
Mistress of Adoxography
Cover images and source summaries used here for reference are © their respective intellectual rights holders. No infringement intended.